- Product Details
watch the video
SwimFin is the first truly new development in swimming aids for decades. Worn on the back, it does not hamper or restrict the ability to move in the water. SwimFin is a flotation device that provides as much buoyancy as the swimmer needs while helping maintain a good position in the water. Other instruction aids tend to tip the swimmer forward or hold them upright, resulting in a swimming position that impedes movement through the water, and actually makes swimming more difficult. SwimFin on the other hand gives only the support needed, giving the user the FEEL of independence, and thus encouragement and motivation.
With SwimFin, the lower you are in the water the more support it will give you, as with the beginner swimmer. The higher you are in the water the less support it will give you as with an improved swimmer. SwimFin compensates for different abilities.
It's a fact that the human body is naturally buoyant: we don't sink to the bottom of the pool and crawl along the floor like a crab. By using too much buoyancy assistance some of the other floatation aids lift the body unnaturally in the water, and if placed wrong tipping it forward, and in this case the body acts on a see-saw principle which then forces the face into the water as the hips and legs come up (which in most cases causes panic). Because SwimFin is predominantly vertical and out of the water, it works in harmony with the user’s natural buoyancy level.
SwimFin makes learning to swim fun, but even after it has done it's job as a learning aid, it will always find use as a water toy, strengthening ability and building confidence.
As you know, SwimFin is the Number One innovative swimming aid the the only aid endorsed by the ASA (Amateur Swimming Association- the swimming governing body). We thought you might like to know a few more details about SwimFin as you prepare for a Summer of splash-tastic fun. Let’s dive right in!
- SwimFin was developed by a swimming instructor, Kevin Moseley, with over 25 years of experience. The SwimFin has been subjected to extensive testing to ensure that it conforms to international safety standards.
- SwimFin works on all 4 swimming strokes- front crawl, breast stroke, butterfly AND backstroke! The SwimFin helps to develop a better swimming position in the water and allows arms and legs to be free which significantly speeds up the learning process.
- SwimFin is ready to go immediately! You never have to inflate or deflate it. SwimFin is self-adjusting and is easy to put on and take off. Kids can’t resist trying one on as well.
- SwimFin makes learning to swim fun, but even after it has done its job as a learning aid, it will always find use as a water toy, strengthening ability and building confidence. The lower you are in the water, the more support the SwimFin provides as would be the case with a beginner. The higher you are in the water, the less support it gives as would be the case with an improving swimmer.
- SwimFin does not ‘tip’ the swimmer. Its innovative design provides as much buoyancy as the swimmer needs yet does not restrict the ability to move in the water and helps maintain a good position at all times.
- SwimFin is designed for use from 18 months and up and makes learning to swim fun for any age, size and ability.
- SwimFin is unique in every way. Getting kids down to the pool or into the water suddenly becomes a pleasure and not a chore. Kids want to strap on their fin and jump in with their friends and family.
- SwimFin can also be used by adults learning to swim (larger straps are available) and individuals with special needs.
- SwimFin is a brilliant swim aid but we always recommend that you NEVER leave your child unsupervised in the water. Always have a competent supervisor to watch your children at all times.
- SwimFin is perfect as a unique gift or for taking on holiday as the fin is highly visible in a busy pool or on the beach.
- Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Our orders are sent out by First class Royal Mail or International Airmail with Guaranteed next working day deliveries available at a nominal cost. Terms and conditions apply
for more information see our shipping information page